Monday, May 12, 2008

Stawberry Moon Festival

Strawberries are the first fruit of Spring, harvested each year during the month of June. The Full Moon of June was given the name Strawberry Moon by Native Americans. My first food blogging event is a celebration of our "first fruit", so let your creative juices flow !

All entries must be submitted by June 18th, which will coincide with the Full Strawberry Moon. Be sure to put Strawberry Moon Festival in the subject line of your email. Also your post should include a link to this event. Entries will be posted as they are submitted.

Your Name
Your Location
Name of Creation
Name of Blog
URL for blog
URL for Post
Photo of your entry

Email this info to me: ohiomom (AT) ameritech (DOT) net

Did you know ?

The Native Americans of Northeast America gave names to all the Full Moons. They kept track of the seasons by giving distinctive names to each recurring Full Moon. They were eating strawberries when the first European arrived in America. They crushed the berries and mixed them with cornmeal and baked them. This is the earliest version of Strawberry Shortcake ! (sources: Farmer's Almanac, University of Illinois)

10 comments:

Lucy said...

Oooooh how fun... count me in ;-)

Michelle said...

Me...ME...ME too! Love the idea of posting the entries as they are received!!!! YES!

I think I am making my entry as I type this..LOL!!

OhioMom said...

Thanks Ladies. Michelle I thought I caught a wiff of goodness blowing from the west :)

Just the Right Size said...

Oooh, I have the perfect entry for this blogging event: Strawberry Wine!

I just bottled it this week and it is gorgeous! Gotta break out the camera this weekend!

Are you doing this through "Is My Blog Burning"?

OhioMom said...

I did post it at "Is My Blog Burning".

I actually thought about your wine after visiting your blog :)

Send it on, all entries will be posted on another page as they are received.

Rossella said...

What a surprise your blog event. I just publish some recipes with strawberry. Next week I'll published the translated version in english in order to participate to the event

maybelle's mom said...

Oh, I found you through Is my blog burning. It is nice to find another Cleveland blogger. I would like to invite you to send in for my cleveland event...http://feedingmaybelle.blogspot.com/2008/04/first-annual-cleveland-cupcake-project.html

OhioMom said...

Hi Rossella

I can't wait to see what your have created in your kitchen :)

Maybelle's parents .. (how cute) It is nice to meet another Cleveland foodie blogger, I will definitely check out your event.

Thanks to both of you for stopping by and I look forward to your entries.

Mansi said...

right in time as I have a big batch after my strawberry-picking last week! will surely send in something:)

I'm also hosting the "Monthly Mingle" event on my blog and would be great if you could participate!

OhioMom said...

Hi Mansi

Thanks, I have bookmarked your event and will definitely try to create an appetizer for it.